Octave, GNU Octave, Matlab, Scientific Computing, Language, Interpreter, Compiler, C++, LAPACK, Fortran, Fun , GNU

Saturday, February 17, 2007

GNU Octave: The beginnings

Hello there!

Welcome to my page on GNU Octave.

I am a part-time developer on the GNU Octave project, and I want to share my 2-cents on ideas, directions and future of the GNU Octave project.




GNU Octave is a scientific numerical computing environment, including the
Matlab-like programming language, a rich set of libraries built on powerful open
solvers
, is a necessary tool in any engineer's bag.

This blog will primarily address developing GNU Octave itself, and to a lesser
extent, developing with GNU Octave.


In particular, I would like to speak about
  1. Whacky ideas on extending GNU Octave
  2. Architecture of GNU Octave
    1. On programming languages
    2. Octave interpreter
    3. A future GNU Octave compiler as a GCC front end
  3. Features of GNU Octave
    1. present,
    2. missing,
    3. wanted,
    4. can-reimplement
  4. Developing fast code on GNU Octave
  5. Octave C++ extensions / building external libraries
Caveat Emptor
Any and all errors are my own, and dont blame me for whatever you use the information on this blog. I want to maintain that whatever I say on this blog is my opinion. It does not reflect the opinion of my employer, school, or of GNU Octave project.

No comments:

Creative Commons License